Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My Friend Rachel sent me this meme. I have been trying to answer it for several days. If you're wondering what I've been doing with my free time, please see my WHINING post from earlier this week. To answer the questionairre and share some information about my charming self with you, here are my answers:

yes

no

of course not!

of course, every single day

orange juice




I'm kidding!!!

Here's the questions and answers...

1. First name? Keri

2. Were you named after anyone? No. Well, sorta. My mom wanted to name me Keri Dawn. My dad said Dawn was too hard to spell. He picked Keri Sue. After my birth, the hospital staff was getting my mom to complete the birth certificate. "How do you want to spell 'Keri'?" Mom points to the lotion bottle on the table next to her hospital bed, "like that." And that's why I was tortured in high school by the guys shouting the phrase from the Keri lotion commercial "Keri is so very...." You can use your 17 year-old's imagination to fill in the blank.

3. When did you last cry? This previous week. A dear friend was very sick, had a stroke. Cried while praying for him and then cried as I rejoiced over his miraculous recovery. ("Tim, God has His hand on you. He's keeping you here for a reason!")

4. Do you like your own handwriting? Definitely not. I've typed soo much for sooo long that I can hardly hold a pen/pencil long enough to write a few checks. Might be carpal tunnel. Probably just lazy hands.

5. What is your favorite lunch meat? Does meatloaf count? Yesterday and today, I've had sandwiches with brown sugar ham and roast beef. Yummm.

6. Kids? You've not read any of my previous posts, huh? ;-) DD is 5 1/2. I'm pg with #2 and due Feb 1, 2007. And this will complete our happy, little family.

7. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Sometimes I already am that other person and, no. To be frank, I'm not sure. I hope so. I try to be a good friend and a good person; I'm just not sure how successful I am at those efforts.

8. Do you have a journal? Well, there's this blog. I've had journals in the past but never kept up with them.

9. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Define sarcasm.

10. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes. I can't convince the doctors to yank them out. "They're not 'diseased'." They whine at me.

11. Would you bungee jump? No way.

12. What is your favorite cereal? Special K Red Berries - but Peanut doesn't like it, so I've not eaten any since getting pg.

13. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Well, my swollen feet are loving my new sandals. But no, when I wear my tennis shoes.

14. Do you think you are strong? Sometimes. For DD, yes. For my parents, yes. Not sure I am strong for DH.

15. What is your favorite ice cream? Homemade vanilla. I'm searching for a recipe that doesn't use raw eggs (banned during pg.)

16. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their smell. That's mean, isn't it? Not their cologne, but are they clean? I mean, their SMILE.

17. Red or pink? Red. DD has influenced me to like pink more. DH bought me a pretty pink top in Oregon that I love. But still red is my favorite.

18. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? I can't pick just one. Sorry. Pointy chin. Flabby butt and thighs. Personality traits galore. My sensitive nose.

19. Brothers or sisters? One older brother, mean as a snake!!!

20. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I get enough emails. Just post it on your own blog (yes, you need your own blog) and let me know its there.

21. The last thing you ate. Pretzels.

22. What are you listening to right now? The hum of an air conditioner. and the voices in my head!!!

23. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red, duh!

24. Favorite smells? DD's freshly shampooed hair, clean laundry, Italian food.

25. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My boss/dad.

26. Favorite drink? Orange juice!!!!

27. Favorite sport to watch? Auburn football. Any t-ball game (when you're stressed, it's the most effective tension breaker!!!)

28. Hair color? Natural? Sandy brown with God's high-lights. I get help covering up the Lord's handiwork though. Right now, there's a little reddish-brown streaked in with my sandy brown/gray.

29. Eye color? Blue with green around the pupils. DD loves to tell me my eyes don't match.

30. Do you wear contacts? I should, but I like to live life on the edge.

31. Favorite food? Meatloaf and macaroni and cheese; Mexican; Italian; hotdogs; hamburgers.

32. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings, definitely. Funny movies are great. But I recently saw "Signs" for the first time - it's scary with a happ--- oops, I mean surprise ending.

33. Last movie you watched? Cheaper by the Dozen2 on PPV

34. Summer or winter? I HATE the heat. I don't hold up well in the killer heat of my beloved South. I dream of Alaska summers and Alabama winters.

35. Favorite dessert? cheesecake with raspberry sauce. Warm, underbaked chocolate chip cookies with cooooold milk.

36. What book are you reading? I don't get to read books other than LeapPad. I read on the internet. I'm addicted to some blogs out there.

37. What's on your mouse pad? My finger!!! haha! I use a laptop - no mouse pad.

38. What did you watch on tv last night? Funniest Home Videos, Disney Channel, Supernanny

39. Favorite sounds? rain on the roof, my daughter's deep breaths while sleeping, my own singing (y! right!)

40. Rolling Stones or Beatles? How about Third Day or Jennifer Knapp or Steven Curtis Chapman or Jimmy Buffet? (Which one of these is not like the others? Which one of these does not belong?)

41. The furthest you've been from home? Tijuana, Mexico or Catalina Island, CA

42. Do you have a special talent? Yes, but it's private. ;-) I have a knack for rembering numbers.

43. Where wer you born? Fort Payne, Alabama

44. Paper or plastic? Rachel says "everyone knows..." blah blah blah ;-) But she's wrong. For those of us who have resigned ourselves to a long life as a pack-mule - er, Mommy - it's obvious that plastic is superior to paper because you can hook 5 or 6 on each arm PLUS the 3 in each hand! (lovya, Rach!)

45. Snow or sun? Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

46. Dog or cat? Both. We have the sweetest, stinkingest farm dog ever: Sport. And the luckiest, goofiest cat ever, Angel.

47. Favorite tv shows? Monk, House, Psych (still new, might get removed from list), Funniest Home Videos, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

48. Theater vs video? Payperview!!! Except for DD, I take her to the "feeeeater" every once in a while for a special treat.

49. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate

50. Wine vs beer? Beer stinks. Wine is the preferred of the two, but I partake soooooo rarely that I don't even count it.

51. Tulips vs roses? As gifts, either is wonderful. As plants for me to grow, they'd better be fake.

52. Ocean or mountains? MOUNTAINS all day every day and twice on Sunday.

53. Sandals vs stilettos? Swollen pg feet require sandals.

54. First job? Working for my dad, helping bookkeeper. Sheesh! I've been working for my dad my whole life!

55. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Canadian Rockies, Scotland, Australia, Colorado, Washington (not DC), Virginia/Maryland/DC, etc. I love the mountains and historical places.

56. What's your dream job? I guess I'm in transition on this one. Right now, I'm preparing to quit work to be a sick pg woman and new mom. I DREAM of being a great stay-at-home mom that finds pleasure in keeping a clean house. Reality: A clean house doesn't make me happy. So, I'm working on it. I fantasize about running a home-based business designing custom cards/invitations/announcements.

57. If you have any vehicle, what would it be and why? It would be a Honda Odyssey (2004 or 2006). I've researched mini-vans to death. For the price, it's the best quality out there.

58. Most recent blessing you have received? DH's love and forgiveness. DD's love and devotion. Friend's (Tim) recovery.

59. Prayer request? Friends looking for work. Friends with health problems. Family members who don't know Jesus as their Savior. My personal pg pity-party.

60. Coke or Pepsi? I grew up with Coke in the fridge. I quit the habit while in California in 1994-1995. I now prefer decaf sweet tea or OJ or water or milk and very little else.

61. Rock vs country? I tolerate country. It has to be an exceptional singing talent and special song for me to enjoy it. I love Southern Rock. If you haven't heard Third Day, they combine good, classic, Southern, bluesy, guitar rock with a Christian message. Ultimately cool.

62. Digital vs traditional photography? I tried to be a film snob. I still have a nice 35mm slr. I dug it out to take a few pictures of DD back in May to compare it to our non-SLR digital Sony. Almost equal picture quality. I want Rachel's camera.

63. Do you consider yourself crafty? Not really. DD and I throw together things sometimes. I manage to pull something out of my hat for the children's classes at church. I enjoy it, but not more than I enjoy sleeping or eating. Frankly, that's all I have left to give up to have time to craft anything!

64. Are you logical or emotional? Rachel said it best.... I'm very logical about my emotions and feel good about my sense of logic. Except for when I'm pg, then I'm just emotional and your logic needs to accomodate that!!!

65. Are you analytical? I could answer this in great detail. But it would take way too much room. I'd have to use many charts and graphs. The research would take months to complete. I'd probably have to get someone to write a new programming language to do all the calculations. It would possibly require the assistance of 4 full-time administrative assistants and 2 interns to enter the data and type the findings. A commercial printer would be necessary to print and bind the results. And then, I'd probably have to read it to you to explain the terminology used.

Nah, I'm not very analytical.


Now you know!!!

No comments: