Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ebay (copied over from Wordpress)


I have yet to try to sell anything on Ebay. or eBay - whatever! But I have bought a few things over the last couple of years. Most of it has been things for Stinkerbell or odds and ends to use at work.

I've gotten some great deals on clothes for Stinkerbell. 2 yrs ago I got her the cutest red wool Rothschild's dress coat with matching hat for $60-ish. Old Navy overals for under $10. really great stuff.

This week, I received this beautiful winter coat for her - direct from eBay for the AMAZINGLY low price of $31. Except for the white cathair and long hairs all over it - it was in PERECT condition! Dry-cleaner is taking care of that as we speak/type/read.

wow!  what a deal!

Also, I presented Stinkerbell with her Halloween costume...

Stinkerbell Possible

She has worn it every night since I gave it to her. What a total grand slam of a Halloween costume! Yay, Mommy!

No, I don't think we'll all go to hell and take Stinkerbell with us for observing the "clearly satanic" even of Halloween. Yes, it is a time of all things scary and not very "Christian". I really dislike that part of it. Our little country church has a Fall Festival that allows the kids to wear their costumes, play games, win prizes, eat unhealthy foods, Trunk-or-Treat (they walk from car trunk to car trunk instead of house to house), have a talent show. It's a lot of fun. But Mighty Hunter and I always take Stinkerbell around to her my parents, some aunts and uncles, her great-grandmothers and a select few other places to do her authentic trick or treating. She knows that the scary things on tv and the costumes are pretend. She knows Who is in charge of the world and knows about the "big bad guy" that's out there to try to mess up the Lord's work. She knows all this without being afraid of it - and that is MINE and Mighty Hunter's jobs. We TRY (unsuccessfully most of the time) to just live our lives by the Book and let that show - even during this Halloween-evil-you'll-go-to-hell time of year.

Maybe its being a hypocrit. We're just trying to be real.

My Halloween costume might not go over so well at our church's event. It takes some imagination - not much - but look at the Before...

Marge Simpson overbite belly button

And the After...

Brace yourself - it's not pretty! Hide the kiddo's eyes - it's just too graphic for them!

My Halloween tattoo/costume

Can you tell that Peanut is resting right under my freckle? Yup, Peanut's most comfy in the right half of my hips for now.

Friday the 13th is the day we do our ultrasound and find out if Peanut is a girl (sound the death-knell for Mighty Hunter's backbone for ETERNITY) or a boy (get the camera ready for a big, proud daddy grin b/c he'll finally have a male ally in the house!) I also have to have the dreaded glucose tolerance test that morning - translation: eat and drink nothing after midnight, pray that I won't faint from my hypoglycemia, present finger, "big stick", squish finger till river of blood flows from tiny pin prick, wait and pray for another 20 minutes while NOT eating or drinking, stick another finger, squish it till 2nd river flows, drink large glass of orange juice stashed in purse, receive news that glucose is 2 points higher than acceptable, schedule the even longer and more dreaded glucose test at hospital.

If it weren't for getting to see Peanut that morning, I'd stay home and LIE about doing the glucose test.

dang hypoglycemia! dang fasting! dang "big-stick"-finger squishing-"your glucose is barely too high" OB's!

No comments: