Thursday, March 26, 2009

if you listen closely, you may hear clucking...




Sissy may have chicken pox.




I'll let you know in the morning.




Now, pardon me while I share a prayer of desperation with you...




Dear Lord, I love you and thank you for loving me. Sometimes I'm not loveable at all, but that has never stopped you. Thank you also for restoring so much of my brother's health in such a miraculous way. I never doubted your power, and I get so excited when I witness it and have the joy of sharing my experiences of it. Thank you for that too. Here's the thing, Lord - not that I need to TELL YOU. I just know you like for me to talk to you. And, yes, I'm aware I need to work on my LISTENING TO YOU problem. Anyway, here's the thing: Tomorrow, The Mighty Hunter flies in from San Antonio. My mom has 2 doctor's appointments. Her car is complaining lately, and she needs me to drive her to those appointments. You were able to time The Mighty Hunter's flight arrival (remember? I have to pick him up from the airport this time) and mom's appointments so that it would work out for me to be the chauffeur for both. But now, Sissy seems to have these little bumps on her. And Lucky has never had the chicken pox either. And I don't know if The Mighty Hunter had them. And if he can't remember, his dad certainly won't remember either. And, well, you've got his mom up there with you, which kinda limits my access to her memory. KWIM? Carl and Beboo have had the pox, so they're safe. M was with Sissy Sunday, so she was exposed too and could share it with her boys. So, if it is AT ALL POSSIBLE, could you make sure The Mighty Hunter remembers having had the chicken pox at some point in his life? Could you also work it out for Beboo to care for Sissy tomorrow and get her to the doctor for me, the deadbeat mom who is currently stressing over this whole being-pulled-in-30-directions thing? 'Cause I need to remember who's got my back... I'd also hate for M and dher boys to get the pox from us because she was following your Good Samaritan example. Thank you for all the other miraculous, wonderful, amazing, cool, yippee-skippee things you've done for me. Most of all, thank you for my salvation. Amen.


Now, if you haven't had the chicken pox, go disinfect your screen.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

God answers sincere prayers! ^^

Unknown said...

Keri -

I know you are stressed about this, and I can list all of the reasons why this is a good thing but you don't want to hear that now. I will pray for all of you.

Now - if only I lived closer. Not only would I watch Sissy for you, I would bring my boys to play and be exposed!

Janna

Karen said...

I'm so sorry. I hope it's not the pox, and I'll keep you guys in my prayers today.

Wade's World said...

From one Auburn girl to another, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that she doesn't have the pox.

elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that I can't get the virus from my computer screen, because I have never had the chicken pox myself. Like your husband, my parents couldn't remember if I had or not, so a few years ago I had a blood test done to see if I carried the antibody...and umm..nope. That would just be horrible at this age. I could only imagine where all those little itchy "dots" would be! Ughhh. Maybe to be safe..I will disinfect my computer screen!