... you know... as in "jingle bells, shotgun shells..."
- The bottom burner on my oven decided it was time to retire just before its call to active duty for all the requisite Christmas baking.
- The replacement of said bottom burner was accomplished by The Mighty Father-in-law and The Mighty Brother-in-law (that hurt to say, since he's a weenie and all.)
- The Mighty Hunter was unavailable for the repair since he was
feeding the homelesshunting.
- No one was electrocuted during the repair. But their was a loud POP! and a flash of FIRE! and a mumbled "maybe we should turn off the power before we unhook it."
- The Mighty Hunter fancies himself a Mighty Turkey Roaster and volunteered to cook the turkey for - not one - TWO family meals.
- Cooking the first turkey set off the smoke alarm.
- The smoke alarm is connected to the security system.
- The monitoring company called and tried to hide their laughter when I explained that the smoke alarm was going off because we were cooking a turkey.
- It is the design of the recipe that their is an excessive amount of smoke produced.
- It was the moistest, yummiest, juicies, deliciousest turkey I've ever eaten. (All hail, Alton Brown!)
- Stinkerbell nearly cried over the thought that the weather might be too good and the sky too clear for Rudolph to fly with Santa.
- Santa's regular stop-over to see if she was in bed relieved her fears, since Rudolph was outside with her.
- She nearly cried over getting to see the "REAL RUDOLPH."
- Rudolph left her an autographed picture and she was stunned and treasures it more than any of the other toys that cost infinitely more than my attempts at photo editing.
- Lucky thought TMX Elmo was a little scary and yelled at him from across the room.
- I got some new cookware (the 7pc and 5pc sets.)
- I got a new bluetooth.
- I got an extra lens for my new camera.
- We spent lots of time with The Mighty Father-in-law's finacee, which was not the first, but was still fun. (This was her first time to see Lucky - period. Yes, I'm bitter about that. Yes, I'll get over it.)
- During my preparations for the traditional clog-your-arteries-eat-yourself-sick Christmas morning breakfast, my microwave died.
- I loved that microwave. It could cook AND run its timer at the same time.
- It rained Christmas Day. A lot. We needed it.
- My roof over my kitchen counter leaked all over Stinkerbell's gingerbread men cookies.
- Stinkerbell never saw the drowned gingerbread men and hasn't noticed their disappearance - yet.
- I'm just now seeing that I've received comments on some of my posts from this month.
- I did NOT get these posts via email. I'm feeling loved again. I'm not invisible.
- I drank sweet tea at lunch - two glasses - and can't sleep. Apparently I can't type either since I'm hitting the Backspace button more than any other key on the old 'puter.
- My mom HAD recovered from her pneumonia and partially collapsed lungs only to get sick again last week.
- She saw her pulmonologist today, pneumonia is back again. She's having a bronchoscopy next Wednesday to determine if there are any blocked passages and possibly get a sample of the pneumonia for identification/culture.
- Lucky turned 11 months on Christmas Day.
- He cut his first top tooth last week. It's his left-hand Lateral Incisor.
- I need sleep in a BAD WAY. And this isn't helping.
In closing, here's the way I see Lucky many times each day. (I haven't rotated the picture.)
I hope your 2007 was full of the blessings of our Lord. I pray that 2008 holds even greater joys for you and your families.
May the best of '07 be the worst of '08.
God bless y'all!