Wednesday, May 10, 2006

If I had to catch a cold, I guess I caught a good one.

I've been puny. I woke up Sunday morning with a sore throat. I thought that I had just probably slept with my mouth open. But it persisted. The older daughter of a few friends of ours was to be baptized at their church that morning. I couldn't let a silly sore throat make me miss that. So, loaded with cough drops, I went to the baptism and then to their house for lunch.

Afterwards, the Sunday afternoon nap rule was strictly enforced.

Monday morning came and the sore throat was still there along with fever. I called the office to let them know that I had scheduled a doctor's appointment and would be in as soon as I could.

A shot in the hip and 2 hours later, I drag my tired feet into the office. I managed to make a few phone calls and take care of a few loose ends and then went home to the couch.

I had a crock pot of spaghetti sauce ready to take to our monthly BYW (Baptist Young Women) meeting that night, but considering that I was wearing jeans, a tshirt, a long-sleeve shirt and covered with a blanket, I didn't go.

I stayed home from work all day yesterday too. I slept in the bed with the TV on until about 10:30. It was then that my little fever must have broken, because I realized I was hungry. I moved my lazy tail to the couch, ate some EasyMac and watched Y&R. (Oh, how I've missed you Victor Newman! What has been happening in your life since I last stalked you?)

DD's t-ball game was the only motivation for me to be active that afternoon. I got a bath and picked her up from preschool. She played really well. 2 good hits (they only played 3 innings) and stopped a few grounders.

Afterwards, we completed our t-ball game ritual and ate from the buffet at the local Western Sizzlin'. Now there are many Western Sizzlin's around the country. I'll bet a nickel that we have the best anywhere. The only thing they could do that would be an improvement in my opinion would be to replace the bac-o's with REAL BACON BITS at the salad and baked potato bar.

DH had to help load a truck of windows and doors that was to leave this morning. So he didn't come home with us but was home about 12:30.

I'm much better today than yesterday and Monday and Sunday. No fever, just a little puny still. REALLY didn't want to wake up this morning. It's raining and that made it even harder to wake up and get ready for work.

All in all, this cold or virus or whatever I had wasn't awful bad. A sore throat and low grade fever and napping. I got a day and a half off work and got to see my man, Victor.

I did have to get a shot though. :-(

Now if I can just stay awake and get through the rest of the week!

No comments: