Monday, November 13, 2006

After these messages, we'll be right back!

I hope you will understand and be patient and continue to check back with me here.

Right now, as much as I love and get pleasure from blogging, I must take a short break.

I'm still working and am feeling much anxiety to finish my projects here and get home to prepare for the impending - and fast approaching - arrival of the SON.

"What could you possibly need to do to?" you ask. After all, it's not my first child. I should have at least a small supply of things still lurking around.

Well, yes, I do.

somewhere

in plastic storage tubs

in the barn

on a high shelf

that's too high for me to reach

and there might be Dust Cooties on the boxes

and I'll probably sneeze

and get my precious pg clothes dirty

and need to wash my hands

and sit down and rest

and watch "What Not to Wear"

and drink some orange juice

...

What was I saying?

...

...

...

Oh yeah.

So, I'll be posting a little less frequently for a little while. I would much RATHER do this than work. That's obvious to anyone who's looking over my shoulder right now.

Here I am, at my desk, "working HARD".

I'll put some pictures up soon from our Veteran's Day trip to the Great Smoky Mountains. We stayed here. No, it hadn't been redecorated in about 25 years, but it was very clean with new carpet and room enough for 3 insane women and 5 wild kids. We ate here (worth the $ without a doubt!!! the whilte chocolate cheesecake and mixed berry cobbler and moonshine chicken are TDF!!!), and here, and here.

And we went here (I'm tired of this place. I'd rather nap. Yes, I'm spoiled. I know it. I've been there several times. Almost every year. Yes, fish are interesting and the moving sidewalk underneath the shark tank is cool. But it doesn't change enough to keep me and my ADHD entertained. Sorry, all you marine biologists wanna-be's.) We also went here and got some yummy candy. And here to visit this guy (he's there year-round, ready to hear your kid's claims of good behavior and requests for the most expensive and unrealistic of gifts - mine wanted a $30 stuffed reindeer "with a pretty red harness and pretty red color with jingle-bells"). And we had a picnic behind there, next to the Little Pigeon River.

And then we drove this pretty little road and then we went to visit our ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PLACE IN THE SMOKIES - no website can do it justice - Cades Cove is a big slice of heaven with chocolate sauce on top.

We also went here and played mini golf for FREE - yes, free with no gimmicks and clean bathrooms!!!

And we saw the beautiful, but early, Christmas lights.

The Smoky Mountains and the towns that have sprung up around it to support the tourist industry are very special. Yes, there are cheesy things about it, just like any tourist area. But it's a safe place, with a low crime rate. The staff of the businesses you visit are regular "folks" like you and their values are similar and they're not afraid of your values. Their faith in the Lord is not a secret and they make you feel comfortable expressing your faith in your way. You can get married up there within 24 hours for less than $300. You can get a tattoo (real or henna) and go to Hard Rock Cafe. You can ride a horse and see whitetail deer, black bears and wild turkeys - maybe even a bobcat! You can buy the drink of your choice or build a fire in your condo with REAL WOOD - cut from the trees surrounding one of our nation's beautiful natural treasures - yikes. You can watch musical shows ranging from Southern Gospel to Elvis to Bluegrass to a kid-friendly hodge podge songs. You can buy obscene t-shirts or have Christmas ornaments personalized with your child or pet's name. You can eat cheap beanee weenees and pbj's or $45+ per plate meals served with linen napkins and cooked by highly skilled chefs. You can reminisce about the beauty and purity and hard work of our heritage and peek into the past at the humble homes they struggled to build for their families. And you can walk your feet off and spend your children's college education on the newest styles in the dizzying variety of outlet stores.

I live within a 3 hour drive of this beautiful, special place and am glad of it. The only problem I've experienced on a regular basis is there's entirely too much Volunteer orange.

So, now that I've given you warning of my upcoming infrequent posts and described my crazy weekend in a beautiful place, I'm ready to click that little orange button.

Have a great November.

And remember.......









WAR EAGLE!!!!!



No comments: