Friday, November 17, 2006

Let's start with an apology and a caution...

Apology: I'm in a ROTTEN, P'ed OFF mood today. I know that the things I'm thinking and saying are not the things I should say and think. I've had something to happen to spin my mood into almost rage and will explain in a moment.

So PLEASE forgive the attitude toward certain people and the pity party I'm throwing and the potty mouth I'm sporting.

Caution: I'm not a nice pg gal. I realized that with pg #1. My temper has NO fuse. I simply explode. I try to influence it for good and not evil and use it to handle situations that require high levels of assertiveness, attitude, etc. The happy-go-lucky, glowing, excited-about-her-bundle-of-joy attitude is not familiar in our house right now. Sorry! I'm a b!+ch. Deal with it or go away.

Anyway... what has pushed me over the edge?

Well you may recall my post that shared with you the wonderful purchase The Mighty Hunter made for me this summer... I've been in love with the Pimped-out Mom-mobile. It's comfy. It's got lots of bells & whistles that are cool for this gadget-loving girl. It entertains Stinkerbell with the dual head-rest dvd/cd players.

We all love the van. I must confess to having placed more pride in it than I should. Yes, somewhere there's a scripture that tells me not to do that very thing, but I'm guilty.

And now, I'm being taken down a notch - or 2 - over it.

Last night, Stinkerbell and I went to replenish our empty fridge and get some things that I'll need for Thanksgiving pig-outs/meals next week. We also needed to get a birthday gift for our God-son.

Stinkerbell was tired and fell asleep, curled up in the shopping cart. I ran out of room in the little seat and had to find places around her to put some of my groceries. The loaf of bread rested on her hip.

This was one of those grocery shopping trips that took a LOT longer than I had planned and was trying to not get ill over the unreasonable length of it.... Our pastor's wife was there and we talked - I enjoyed the short conversation. I tried to get in touch with our God-son's parents to get suggestions about his gift - no answer, didn't leave a message. Wandered around forgetting things that I needed, back-tracked a couple of times because I didn't have a list and was making things up as I went.

You know. It was just a waste of time and was getting frustrating...

Or it seemed like a waste of time.

As I was about to get the last 2 items on my actual LIST (carrots and bananas), my stupid Cingular cell phone rang (btw Cingular sucks!). It was my God-son's dad. He said that a dinosaur would be great but that he had gotten very excited over a Godzilla toy the night before. Was there a Godzilla at my Wal-mart? Let's go see. This will probably be my last chance to look for one before the party.

So we strolled over and wasted a little more time. My local Wal-mart is safe from attacks from Godzilla. So, we kept the Imaginext dinosaur that roared and was red and yellow and headed to the beloved self-checkout counter.

There was some interesting things happening with the employees while I was scanning my stuff. I overheard one say that she didn't know what happened and they couldn't find anyone. I figured they were trying to find a suspected shoplifter "Code 5-5-55. All associates Code 5-5-55."

I leave Stinkerbell sleeping in the cart and put my bags into another cart and head out the door. Yes, I temporarily forgot where I had parked. I remembered how Stinkerbell and I had ran across the traffic lane to hurry inside and get out of the misty, cold, rainy air and headed toward where I had parked. I didn't have the exact spot memorized. But I knew about how far up the parking aisle my pretty white van was.

Here's the sequence of thoughts that followed...

"Why is that van parked parallel in these angled spots?"

"That van looks like mine."

"That van is mine."

"That van IS mine. What in the world????"



It seems that an older gentleman had cranked his Lincoln Towncar and (here's the good part...) it went into reverse on its own and no matter how he stomped the "brake", it wouldn't stop.

ahem.

ummm, yea, right.

If anyone had been walking across the parking lot, they'd be dead or badly hurt.

If I had been putting the groceries in on the driver's side - like I usually do - my van would have been pushed on top of me - injuring me and Peanut in some very serious ways.

So, my mac-daddy van with its powered lifting rear door and the sonar in the bumper to keep me from backing into stuff and the pretty white paint with some pearlescent sparkly stuff in the paint is all busted up on the back end.

So, my mood is crappy.

My van has some very expensive damage to it. Not to mention the loss of value to it.

An older man should consider letting his wife drive from now on.

I've got to finagle getting my van fixed over the Thanksgiving holiday - yea, right.

I'll have to find a rental car.

I'm just so ill about the whole thing.

sigh.

We have a lot to be thankful for.

But I'm still P'ed Off!!!

If you have some soothing words for me, please leave them in a comment. If you have a good joke or some other way of lightening my mood, PLEASE leave it.

It's just a van. It's a means of transportation. It CAN be fixed.

But I'm still mad.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh Keri! I'm sooooo sorry! I can only imagine how frustrating that was for you. I was about 7 and Chris would have been about 4...Mama took us to the mall to do a little Christmas shopping. When we came out, we to discovered a lot of commotion and people standing around our van as they watched a security guard chase after a the man that had just broken into it and stolen our C.B. (yeah, it was the 70's). There was some damage to the van and Mama had to go to court to testify against the jerk. Not quite the same as your ordeal but not fun.

I wish I could think of a funny joke to tell you, but my pg brain just isn't cooperating. Just know that I love you and I'm glad that you, Stinkerbell & peanut were kept safe!