Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I can't believe I'm posting about this


Obama
Uploaded by krs601

I realize my perspective of my country is affected by my personal experiences. I realize that I'm part of the hated (yet silent?) majority. I realize that the only thing I've got going for me is I'm NOT a white middle class MAN in America.

Yet.

I realize that if I were truly ashamed of my country...

If I hated being a citizen of my country...

If I felt like I would be happier in another country...

I would leave and find that country that might better please me.

I would not try to change the country that has been so successful (I did NOT say perfect OR ideal) to suit MY personal whims.

I would NOT try to force on anyone (other than my own children and husband, and they're mine, so they would just have to deal with me. I'm queen in my home) to my views and expect them to follow along with me because I am ME.

roooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

If Michelle Obama is ashamed of her country, I politely suggest that she find a country that she would be proud of. How about one of the countries that rules by the religious law to which she and her husband subscribe?

I can't believe I'm saying this. I'd rather see Hillary Clinton as our next president than Barack Obama.

But I'm not voting for either of them.

I'm done now, thankyouverymuch.

If you disagree, move along. If you're ugly and hateful and leave mean comments, I'll delete you. I'm interested in discussion. Not arguments. Not hate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In fairness, I missed her comments (so darned busy at work that I can't even read the headlines lately). But I think you're saying that they're Muslim, if I'm reading the entry correctly. I think that's misinformation; at least for him. He's Christian, though I don't recall what denomination. But, when all is said and done, I'm not voting for either one of them either, so I guess I don't care.

Whoops. I missed the giant link. Hmmm. It's too bad that she's never been proud to live here before. I agree. She should move if she's not happy.