Monday, October 20, 2008

For Bobbie's boys...


I grew up without a sister. Since August, I have the had the wonderful blessing of adopting 3 of them. Bev, Misty and Bobbie are my sisters now. And the things I'm learning about sisters!

The best thing about my sisters is the unconditional love we give each other. Furthermore, we carry each other's burdens.

So, when Bev called me tonight, less than an hour after Bobbie and I had left her house, I actually didn't think anything of it. But the call was important, not just a continuation of our chatting...

My dear friend, Bobbie, has two sons. Both of these sons are in the Army. Lucas, the older, is an MP and currently in Iraq. The younger, Chris, is still in job training but will deploy early in 2009.
She received an email from her contact at Lucas's base. He will be moving to another area soon (probably within 2 weeks) to an area that we assume is more dangerous and hostile than his current.

Bobbie is again facing some very scary possibilities tonight.
Please pray with me for Lucas and Chris. We should pray for all the men and women that are serving our country and the world by putting their lives on the line every minute of every day. If you want to share your prayer and support with Bobbie, leave a comment and I'll make sure she sees it.
Thank you.

2 comments:

Super B's Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Super B's Mom said...

I will definitely be praying for Lucas and Chris!! Having specific names to pray for helps me be more diligent in my prayer life...so I'm happy to lift them up in prayer.

May God bless the entire family and THANK YOU Lucas and Chris for the amazing sacrifice you make each and every day so that mothers like me can raise their children to know that freedom is all about.