Monday, January 22, 2007

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

I've been to the ob. I've been prodded and measured.

Still 2 cm.

Cervix is 80% thinned but still posterior.

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/augalinfp/?action=view&current=MOV01833.flv
(Demonstration of cervix position and how it should move before ready for delivery.)
edited to add: I deleted that uploaded file without thinking. sorry!

Ultrasound showed a big, chubby-cheeked baby.

"He's still a boy."

well, that's good, considering the process necessary to change from a boy to a girl!

The ultrasound can predict the baby's weight with a margin of error of +/- 1 lb.

He measured at 9.5 lbs.

Holy crap!

Soooo.......

Ob is very concerned that I won't be able to deliver Lucky if I wait another week, much less until Feb. 1 (due date). A c-section at that point is very likely.

So, Thursday, January 25, 2007, we will arrive at the hospital to welcome Lucky to the Auburn Family Always.

If not sooner.

Wish us well!

9.5 lbs. God help me.

No comments: