Wednesday, November 19, 2008

'Cause I'm certain you'll be able to help


This was my solution to keeping Lucky away from the Christmas tree from last year.





This year, though, he could easily pick up any of those chairs and toss them out of his way as he stalks the pretty lights and very attractive and breakable. (no, they are not child-proof. sue me.)





He will also have no problem in grabbing a strand of lights and yanking them, and the entire tree, over on top of himself. Which will naturally cause those breakable non-child-proof ornaments to shatter and slice open his carotid artery and, more importantly, scratch his pretty face.





So, what do I do?





How do I keep the cutest little Christmas boy out of the Christmas tree, now that he can go anywhere and do anything and climb and pull and yank and tug and grab and shriek and ooh! and aah! and wow! and woooo-hoooo! and get into Much Big Trouble and Danger?





Help me, oh wise and experienced internet expert blogger friends, heroes and Yoda.






p.s. I did not use my wonderful new toy to draw on the photo of the tree fort. I was in the recliner, covered with a fuzzy blanket and my new BFF was waaaaay across the room, feeling completely ignored and useless. Sometimes a girl has to have her priorities. Warm feet are it tonight.

p.p.s. Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No clue on how to help! My solution this year will be yelling, screaming and crying until the little hellion leaves.the.stinkin.tree.alone!

Karen said...

I have no help to offer. We subscribe to the theory of leaving hte lower branches bare and decorating the upper half. People may wonder at the stangeness, but it saves a trip to the ER.

Kaye said...

Do you have enough "safe" ornaments to just use those this year? You could just use non-breakable decorations until he better understands about staying away from the tree.

Don't know if that's any help, but it's all I've got! =)

Super B's Mom said...

I have no clue on this one honey. Super B pulled our tree down two years in a roll - ok technically one year he ran it over. But the tree lived to tell it. And it made for some great pictures..haha

Unknown said...

I am dealing with this same dilemma. Will, my gigantic 2 yo, will most likely have the tree down before I can get it put up! My husband is the engineer, but I am working out (in my non-engineer mind) a way to use bungee cords and the plantation shutters. He would have to work really hard to pull the shutters out of the wall but, of course, the bungees could snap and hit him in the eye/face/wherever....

No help, here, as I think I may have just talked myself out of putting up the tree this year...

elizabeth said...

I don't have any advice either, but I'm gonna keep checking to see if someone does offer a solution, because I will need it too. My boy is 14 months and into EVERYTHING. I suspect he will climb our tree and then pull it over! All I know to do is just keep him off limits to the room where our tree is.

BTW...how are things going for you guys?

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)

triste said...

Don't be alarmed but there are dead animals hanging on your wall. SMOOCHES