Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sisters

I want to put this down before I forget.

I grew up with an older brother, who tortured me endlessly. I didn't have any sisters. Over the past few months, I have found sisterhood with 3 women who amaze me with their friendship, humor, love, devotion, acceptance, honesty and willingness-to-conspire-against-our-men.

One of them is going through an unbelievably difficult time. She is the "tough" one. But instead of beating me up, she tolerates my amateur psychoanalysis. She has let me in and allowed me to help her by bearing her pain with her. She resists revealing her suffering, but she can't fathom how much it means to me that she trusts me in this way.

Thank you, M. In our sisterhood, our burdens are lightened as we share them with each other. I love you.

Please don't beat me up.

1 comment: