Tuesday, May 20, 2008

That's the sound of fingers drummin'

Because I can't think of anything to write about.

Once again, my mind is occupied/obsessed with preparing for a trip. The Mighty Hunter's dad and Fiance own a condo on Dauphin Island, and we are leaving Thursday morning to go there for the weekend.

Yes, FIL and Fiance score a high on the cool people to visit list just because of their locations.

BIL and SIL are also going to the Island this weekend.

FIL and Fiance will be there as well.

It will be cozy. (read: crowded and loud)

There will be sunburns (mine) and sand in crotches (mine also, I'm sure.)

Margaritas and beer will be consumed.

Naps will be taken. By ME!!!

Relaxation will be forced upon me.

And yet, I don't look forward to this type of "relaxation."

Going on vacation sounds great. It is great for some. For this mommy, it involves packing up the house, forcing children to nap/be quiet/be still, etc. It forces the whole "stepping out of the comfort zone" thing. It puts me in another person's home. It brings insecurities from other's judgment (if only imaginary.) It forces a reduction in the amount of gooey, underbaked chocolate chip cookie consumption. It requires more consistent leg-shaving.

It also makes me hold in my farts.

The Mighty Hunter will have some business meetings he will have to travel to.

Thursday evening, he has one scheduled in Pensacola. Then, sometime during the trip or on our way home, he will go to Nah'Leans, Biloxi and Jackson, MS.

No, none of those are actually on our way home. But it will result in the company paying for the gas that fills the Pimped Out Mamamobile.

But, I suppose I should list the positives of the trip to the Island...

  1. The Most Comfortable Mattress In The World.
  2. Quiet community.
  3. Walking distance to just about everywhere on the Island.
  4. The Most Comfortable Mattress In The World.
  5. Small, CLEAN swimming pool just outside the condo door.
  6. FIL, Fiance, BIL and SIL to play with the kiddos - if only for a little while and if only at my pleading.
  7. Hurricane Shutters that totally black-out a room for a nap.
  8. The Most Comfortable Mattress In The World.

I'm sure there are other things to look forward to... I just can't list them at the moment.

So, I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Weekend planned.

As for me, I'm hoping...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I'm so jealous! I didn't realize that Memorial Day weekend was already upon us!