Monday, January 14, 2008

giggles, drinks, Chicago! and Bob

Saturday night, GNO, was great. We had mojitos and appletinis and fuzzy navels and strawberry daiquiris and laughed our butts off.

We ate creme puffs and chocolate covered creme puffs and ooey-gooey chocolate cake (Paula Deen is the woman!) and sandwiches and cheese dip.

We played with Bobbie's new Bob. Well, we didn't play with it. We more or less looked at it and giggled and wondered what it must be like to work in a factory that makes Bobs and what do you tell people you do for a living and do you get employee discounts and what do they do with the ones that don't pass inspection and how are they actually inspected. And then we talked about other s3x toys and who has them and I admitted that I have none and that this Bob was the first Bob I've ever seen and no, thank you, I don't need to touch him.

Then we watched Chicago! I was the only one who had seen it before and they all loved it. As they should.

Then we watched Shattered. Pierce Brosnan is the bad guy and it's complex. But it's soooo good. Go rent it.

We laughed at our husbands (or ex-husbands). We laughed at Bobbie and her paranoid antics. She lost her old Bob and woke up one morning with a sore spot on her hip. She convinced herself that someone had slipped into her apartment, gave her a shot of some drugs to make her forget they were there and stole Bob. But they didn't take her money, her tv, her jewelry or anything else. She also wondered what they did to her after they drugged her.

ahem

Yes, we know she's more than slightly nuts. But she's fun and sweet.

We stayed till 3 so that we could watch shopero+ic on Oxygen. And there was new Bob!

We also took Bob and ran around and danced in front of Carl's game camera.

It was lots of fun.

The Mighty Hunter kept both kids all night. He didn't call me for help. He didn't whine about it. He made it. Lucky made it. Stinkerbell made it. They all lived, and he was able to feed himself without my presence.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

Sounds like "Girls Night Out". I guess that's what the GNO meant. I just now got it. I'm glad you had this time away. Good for you. I'm trying to put together something similar with my 2 sisters, sister by law, neice and daughter. Maybe in March.
Hey, the sun came out and I'm feeling very good. Thanks for coming by to see me.
I hope you're having a good week.
Mama Bear